Source: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Ontario and the federal government announced today that beginning in March organizations and collaborations in the agri-food sector can again apply for support under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) for projects to boost innovation, economic development, environmental stewardship and food safety.
The intake will take place between March 4, 2019 and April 5, 2019. Information about the program, including eligible project categories, is posted on the Agricultural Adaptation Council website.
Since June, more than 1,150 Ontario projects have been supported through the Partnership to help eligible farmers, businesses and sector organizations innovate and grow.
“Under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, we are committed to strengthening the agriculture and agri-food sector through strategic investments, aimed at generating economic growth. This investment will help build an even stronger, more innovative, and sustainable sector in Ontario while delivering prosperity for communities.”
– Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay
“Our Government for the People is committed to making our agriculture and agri-food sector more open for business and even more competitive, in a global marketplace. This strategic investment opportunity, through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, will support a variety of projects that will strengthen this key economic sector for Ontario and help its businesses improve and prosper.”
– Ernie Hardeman, Ontario’s Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- This cost-share funding will support projects in the following key priority areas:
- The Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) administers cost-share funding under the Partnership to sector organizations and collaborations. More information about the next application intake for these applicants is available on the AAC website or by calling the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs at: 1-877-424-1300.
- Program guides (PDF) are available on the Agricultural Adaptation Council (Canadian Agricultural Partnership) website.
- The Partnership is a five-year, $3 billion commitment by Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada’s agri-food and agri-products sectors.